- Lifetime Guarantee Against Failure Due to Corrosion(10)
- Year Guarantee Against Failure Due to Materials and Workmanship
Chem-Pruf® fiberglass doors and fiberglass frames have a lifetime guarantee against failure due to corrosion from the specific environment named at the time of purchase. Chem-Pruf and industry tolerances and variations are excluded from this guarantee.
Materials and Workmanship
Chem-Pruf fiberglass doors and fiberglass frames are guaranteed for ten years against failure due to materials and workmanship, including warp, separation or delamination, and expansion of the core. Chem-Pruf and industry tolerances and variations are excluded from this guarantee.
For questions on this warranty, contact Chem-Pruf®.
A new door and/or frame will be offered in replacement or the original factory price will be refunded at Chem-Pruf’s option. This guarantee does not extend to failure caused by physical abuse, misuse, or improper installation.
As part of the warranty, no alterations to the construction of the doors or frames are permitted without prior written consent and approval from Chem-Pruf.
Chem-Pruf hardware is warranted to be free of defects in both workmanship and materials for a period of one year. Chem-Pruf’s liability under all warranties, express or implied, will be limited to the replacement of defective hardware. The defective goods must be returned to Chem-Pruf with freight charges paid. Hardware manufactured by others, supplied by Chem-Pruf, is covered by the hardware manufacturers’ guarantees.
Labor and/or expenses incurred to remove or replace any defective product or defective component thereof is not included in Chem-Pruf’s warranty.
Chem-Pruf is not liable for incidental or consequential damages, and its liability shall, under all circumstances, be limited to repair, replacement or refund of your original purchase price of the defective door or frame, at Chem-Pruf’s option. Under no circumstances shall Chem-Pruf be liable to the Purchaser or any third party for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages of any kind or nature arising out of this transaction or the design, manufacture, sale, delivery, installation, possession, resale, use, operation or maintenance of such products. Chem-Pruf’s liability on any claim, loss, or liability arising out of or connected with this transaction, (including but not limited to, loss or liability arising from negligence, strict liability in tort, warranty or breach of contract), shall in no case exceed the price paid by Purchaser to the Company for the items or the charges for installation or service involved in the claim, as the case may be. Chem-Pruf shall have no liability for any liquidated damages whatsoever unless specifically agreed to by Chem-Pruf in writing. Chem-Pruf is not responsible for verification of compliance with local building codes, etc.; code compliance is the responsibility of the Purchaser.
Characteristics Excluded From These Warranties
The following are not defects in workmanship and are not covered by this written Warranty:
- Damage to finish caused by careless or deliberate mishandling when doors or frames are installed.
- Natural variations in the color or texture of the doors or frames.
- For doors 3'x7' or smaller, warp not exceeding one-fourth inch (1/4") in the plane of the door itself; for doors larger than 3'x7', up to 4'x10', warp not exceeding three-eighths inch (3/8") in the plane of the door itself.
- Defects caused by warp or bow of the frame or jamb caused by uneven wall opening to which jambs are attached.
- Misalignment, movement or temporary bowing may take place due to variations of temperature or wide contrasts in temperature between opposite sides of doors as recognized by (S.D.I./ANSI A-250.8-1988) and are inherent to materials used.
Chem-Pruf reserves the right to make changes in designs and specifications or to make additions or improvements on its products and guarantees without notice and without incurring any obligation to incorporate them on products previously manufactured. Chem-Pruf is not responsible for any modification, addition or alteration to the doors and/or frames by others without prior written consent.